A-Z OnLine Resources

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


  New Window( Please note: link will open in a new browser window.)


  • Abandoned Vehicles - Please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (336) 318-6555
  • Adult - If you are worried that an adult or older person is being neglected or abused, contact: Department of Social Services at 336-683-8000
  • Animal - If you suspect someone of abusing/neglecting their animal, document your suspicions by noting dates and times of abusive or neglectful activity. *Please do not take photographs or go on someone else's property* Contact Randolph County Animal Control at 336-683-8235 and an animal control officer will be dispatched to verify your suspicions and take action if necessary.
  • Child - If you are worried a child is being abused or neglected, contact: Department of Social Services at 336-683-8000
  • Family Crisis Center - DSS Partner Agency - Phone: 336.629.4159
  • Ambulance Billing/Collections/Fees
  • If your ambulance transport was before June 1, 2011, call the Tax Department at (336) 318-6518 to make payment arrangements or inquire about your statement.
  • If your ambulance transport was on or after June 1, 2011, Ambulance billing is now handled by EMS Management and Consultants, Inc. To inquire about your ambulance bill, contact: 1-800-814-5339 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; website - www.emsbilling.com
  • Fee schedule for ambulance transport
  • Animal


  • Benefits fraud - If you are aware or think that somebody may be claiming benefits fraudulently contact us on the Benefit Fraud Hotline 336-683-8198. Any information provided will be treated in confidence, you do not have to provide your name or telephone number.
  • DSS - How to apply
  • ePass   New Window  ePASS is short for Electronic Pre-Assessment Screening Service and is a quick and easy way for customers to get information about benefits and services that may help them. When you have finished, the system will tell you the programs that you may be potentially eligible to receive and how you can apply for these programs. A final eligibility decision cannot be made until you apply at your local department of social services.
  • GovBenefits.gov New Window - the official benefits website of the U.S. government, with information on over 1,000 benefit and assistance programs.
  • Unemployment insurance benefits New Window - Employment Security Commission of NC
  • Veteran's Benefits
  • Bids Randolph County Purchasing Office
  • Birth Certificate 





  • FAQ's
  • Fee Schedule -
  • Foreclosures


  • GIS (Geographic Information Services) - Interactive mapping  allows you to access a variety of information




  • Jail
  • Junk Cars - Please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (336) 318-6555
  • Jury Duty New Window The courts in North Carolina are handled by the State of NC Court system.  The Randolph County Courthouse is located at 176 E. Salisbury Street, Asheboro, NC  map  Phone: 336.328.3000


  • Kids Links


  • Land Use Policy
  • Licenses
  • Business - The only businesses for which the County requires a license are Pawnbroker and Massage Therapy. Call the County Manager’s Office at 318-6300 for more information. For general information on starting a business, contact 1-800-228-8443 for the NC Dept. of Revenue Information Center. The Randolph Community College Small Business Center also provides helpful information and assistance; contact them at 336-633-0275.
  • Drivers New Window NCDOT DMV Asheboro Office, 754 US Highway 220 (Business S), 27203,  (336) 629-1949, Hours 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM,  Monday-Friday
  • Marriage New Window Randolph County Register of Deeds
  • Local Emergency Planning Committee
  • Lost Pet - If you live in Randolph County, please call the Animal Shelter at 336-683-8235 immediately.  If it's after hours, please leave a message with your name, phone number, and identifying information about your pet, and we will contact you as soon as possible. We also suggest you contact the local paper and post a lost pet ad.


  • Adult - Assists elderly and disabled individuals with medical care costs  Contact DSS at 336-683-8080
  • Family and Children's Medicaid - Assists low income families and their minor children with medical costs.  Contact DSS at 336-683-8070
  • Medicare - Medicare is a Health Insurance Program for people age 65 or older, some disabled people under age 65, and people of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure treated with dialysis or a transplant). For more information, visit www.socialsecurity.gov on the web or call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213. TTY users should call 1-800-325-0778.

  • Meetings
  • Mobile Homes


  • News 



  • Public Transportation



  • Register to Vote
The county has no jurisdiction over roads; there are no “county” roads. Questions concerning road maintenance or dead animals on the road, should be directed to DOT at 336-625-2078.   To inquire as to when your road might be paved, call DOT at 336-629-1423. Call the County Planning Department at 336-318-6555 concerning the naming of roads.
  • Construction New Window NC DOT  District Engineer’s Office - 336-629-1423
  • Maintenance New Window NC DOT  336-625-2078
  • Paving New Window To inquire as to when your road might be paved, call DOT at 336-629-1423
  • Sign Maintenance - Contact the Maintenance Department at 336-318-6906 for missing or damaged County road signs
  • Highway 64 Bypass - NC DOT website



  • Tax


  • Unified Development Ordinance consists of the Randolph County Zoning Ordinance, the Randolph County Subdivision Ordinance, the Watershed Protection Ordinance, and the Randolph County Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance.

  • US Highway 64 Bypass - NC DOT website


  • Vital Records
  • Birth, death and marriage certificates  may be obtained at the Register of Deeds (ROD) office in the county where the event took place.  (Please be aware that N.C. Vital Records is the only place to get a birth certificate for an adopted child.) Divorce certificates may be obtained from the clerk of court in the county where the divorce is filed.
  • For persons not born in NC - CDC link page New Window
  • NC Department of Health and Human Services New Window
  • The Randolph County Register of Deeds New Window maintains birth, death and marriage records for people who were born, died, or whose marriage license is filed in Randolph County, North Carolina.


  • Water
  • Randolph County Government does not currently own or operate any water systems any where in Randolph County. 
  • Weather


Contact Information
  • County Information Line
  • 336.318.6200
  • County Administration
  • Office Hours:
    8am - 5pm M-F
  • Randolph County Office Building 2nd Floor
    725 McDowell Road
    Asheboro, NC 27205   map
Related Links